The holidays are just around the corner, which means Santa Claus is gearing up for another gifting trip around the world. But after several centuries of delivery with the same sleigh, we thought it might be time to offer Saint Nick a vehicle upgrade. With a sprinkle of magic, Midjourney imagined some trendy new rides for Father Christmas to choose from.
Of course, Santa Claus has been riding green for centuries, with a sleigh powered by Christmas cheer and magical reindeer. So, we made sure to include some eco-friendly sleigh options, including an e-bike and an electric vehicle. Will Santa choose to keep the holidays green? Don your most festive gear and join us as we explore these revamped sleighs and jingle all the way to the North Pole.
- The Spirit of Christmas. Santa’s new airplane cruises at 35,000 feet and offers in-flight milk and cookies. The Spirit of Christmas covers ground quickly, but Santa might miss the intimacy of rooftop landings.
- USS Santa Claus. Santa’s new boat floats down rivers and along shores to deliver gifts to islanders and house-boaters. However, Saint Nick has to be extra careful to keep all the gifts dry.
- e-Rudolph. Santa is all about reducing his carbon footprint, and his new e-bike will help offset the emissions from his 24/7 toy workshops. It’s also great for zipping through tight spaces and working off all those cookies.
- The Christmas Flyer. No more yelling at reindeer—Santa’s hot air balloon offers a calm, airy journey from chimney to chimney. Unfortunately, it might not be fast enough to deliver all the presents in one night.
- The Ho-Ho-Hoverer. Santa’s futuristic hoversleigh features intuitive controls and a super smooth ride. With no need for roads or tracks, it works on any terrain so that Santa can deliver presents in no time flat.
- The Chimney Slayer. The perfect ride for a more edgy Claus, Santa’s motorcycle can rip across highways and dash through urban areas. But while Santa might enjoy feeling the wind in his snowy white beard, he’ll need an extra big backpack for all those gifts.
- Claus’s Comet. Astronauts need presents too, and Santa’s new spaceship delivers gifts to infinity and beyond. Let’s just hope Saint Nick doesn’t end up lost in space.
- Kris Kringle Coach. Inspired by Victorian England, the Kris Kringle Coach is a steampunk fantasy. All the brass and decorative cogs might weigh down the reindeer, but Santa would look incredibly stylish in a velvet top hat and aviation goggles.
- The Jolly Diver. Santa’s submarine features state-of-the-art navigation and magical quick dive and surfacing so he can deliver gifts to even the most remote islands.
- Milk & Cookies Express. Santa’s new train has enough room for gifts, an onboard toy workshop, a cookie car, and a milk tanker. Bonus: the engine tender holds more than enough coal for everyone on the “naughty” list.
Now, let’s imagine if the world’s most iconic brands lent their design chops to the North Pole.
- Amazon. Small and zippy, Amazon’s sleigh comes with delivery drones and Prime-speed deliveries for last-minute wishes.
- Apple. Apple’s iSleigh boasts minimalist curves with a touch-sensitive dashboard and Siri as co-pilot.
- Coca-Cola. Channeling classic Christmas elegance, the Coca-Cola sleigh thrives on tradition—with a surprise under-seat cooler.
- Disney. Disney’s Cinderella-inspired sleigh comes complete with singing reindeer to keep the carols going all night long.
- Ferrari. A bold statement in red and black, Ferrari’s sleigh is a combo of speed and sizzle. The only question is: How does it handle on frosty rooftops?
- Google. Google’s sleigh combines whimsical design with the functionality of built-in Google Maps and an app for Santa’s List.
- LEGO. Adaptable and playful, the LEGO sleigh can be built for present delivery on Christmas Eve and rebuilt into a relaxing sauna after Santa’s final delivery.
- Nintendo. With dozens of festive power-ups, Nintendo’s sleigh delivers gifts faster than you can say “Rainbow Road.”
- Samsung. Samsung’s sleek sleigh features a foldable AMOLED screen and LED track lights with Bluetooth connection to Rudolph’s nose.
- Tesla. While bulkier than other sleighs, Tesla’s model offers hands-free navigation, smooth electric glide, and easy charging at any plug-in station.
Santa has plenty of options for his new sleigh, from motorcycles and spaceships to corporate-sponsored dream machines. But after centuries of eco-friendly cheer-spreading, we think Santa’s newest ride should be as green as boughs of holly. To that end, the e-Rudolph bike and Tesla sleigh are the greenest options with zero emissions and sustainable energy sources. The e-Rudolph offers traffic-free travel, but Santa may prefer the luxury of no-hands navigation for all-night gift delivery.
To follow Santa’s example of a greener holiday, consider the following tips for eco-friendly celebrations:
- Make gifts from recycled materials
- Re-gift old, unused items
- Upcycle magazines, maps, paper bags, and the like for gift wrap or buy sustainably-sourced gift wrap
- Reuse gift bags
- Repurpose gift wrap for crafts, party supplies, and packing material
- Use LED lights for festive displays
- Put decorative lights on timers so they don’t suck up energy when you’re not home
- Compost or recycle your Christmas tree
- Plant a tree for every gift you receive
- Cook with sustainably sourced, locally-grown ingredients
- Lower your thermostat and warm up with blankets, thick socks, and hot cocoa
A greener holiday season
To wrap things up (pun totally intended), Santa has great choices for his new sleigh, including two fantastic eco-friendly options. If you want to earn a spot on the “nice” list, consider following Santa’s example by embracing green practices within your home. From turning off the lights when you leave a room to ditching single-use plastic, every little change can add up to major magic. So, as the snowflakes fall and carolers sing, remember that one of the best gifts we can give is a healthier planet for future generations. Cheers!
We employed the AI-based image generator Midjourney to produce diverse renditions of Santa’s sleigh.
Velotric offers stylish, safe, high-performance e-bikes at affordable prices. With a variety of models available to suit every rider’s need, you can find the perfect e-bike for your daily commute, off-road adventures, or afternoon leisurely ride.
Fair use statement
Know a cyclist or holiday enthusiast who would be interested in this article? Share a link to this blog post with a family member or friend to share our discoveries. Please make sure all sharing is for noncommercial purposes.