Rules of Contest
When you make a submission (“Submission”) to an official Velotric Contest (each a “Contest”), you agree to abide by, and be bound by, these Rules of Contest (“Rules”) below.
- Eligibility: The Campaign is open to legal residents of The United States and Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Velotric, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Participant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Velotric as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- How to Enter: The entry must be verified by Velotric. The entry must fulfill all requirements, as specified, to be eligible to receive the Prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Velotric. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Velotric.
- The Prize: The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Velotric. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Velotric discretion. The prize is non transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Participant. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Participant is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for [Velotric to use Participant’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Prize Redemption Notification: Participants’ entries will be verified by Velotric. Participant will be notified by email/direct message within seven (7) calendar days following submitting the information to Velotric for verification. Velotric shall have no liability for Participant’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Participant’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Participant cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 calendar days from the time notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Participant selected. Receipt by Participant of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY PARTICIPANT (AT VELOTRIC‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN PARTICIPANT’S DISQUALIFICATION AS PARTICIPANT OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS PARTICIPANT WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Velotric, anyone acting on behalf of Velotric, and Velotric’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for participation: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Velotric. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Velotric from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Velotric may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Velotric reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond [Velotric]’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Velotric may select the Participant from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Velotric. Velotric reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Velotric has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Velotric reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Velotric and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Participants List: To obtain a copy of the Participant’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to email@example.com.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Velotric.
- Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by Velotric is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Acknowledgement and Consent: By entering the campaign here, You, the Participant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.